Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull

I'm trying to write this with one of my younger brothers feet on my head. Did I mention I am the oldest of 6 kids? Phew, he's gone and I suppose I should hurry up before he comes back. The Candy Shop War war was a really fun book that is one of my favorites. It has humor, evil villains, best friends, and of course... MAGIC CANDY!
The Candy Shop War begins with Nate Sutter. He has just moved into a new house and has no friends. His father encourages him to go out and make some friends and he reluctantly agrees. Nate goes out and meets Summer, Pigeon, and Trevor who agree that he can join their club only if he drive his bike over the bike ramp. He agrees but they are soon interrupted by the local bullies. Nate chases them off and threesome become foursome. Later on they go to Ms. White's candy shop and where they by her delicious penny candy. She soon trusts them enough to ask them to go collect beetles for her for some "special" candy she claims is magic. The children don't believe her but they soon discover that the candy is indeed magical. The four kids continue running errands for her, but they keep getting stranger and stranger. Then they discover some things that Ms. White had "forgotten" to tell them....

No comments:

Post a Comment